The Autumn Spanish Border Adventure Motorcycle ride is a 3 day ride which will take place on the border of Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico. On the first week of Autumn
From Chama New Mexico, to Ojo Caliente Hot Springs to Taos. And Back
Show up on Thursday and the rides is from Friday to SundayFLYER SPANISH BORDER
- Arrive in Chama, New Mexico on Thursday Sept 21 for an included dinner and Epic Autumn 3 Day Adventure ride from Sept 22-24, 2023 – Friday to Sunday, when the trees are turning colors.
- Join Exit Tours Motorcycle Club and your first ride is included in 2023.
- No workdays, meetings or Politics. Just Join and Ride.
On the Spring Spanish Border ride you will have the opportunity to stay and start the ride from the beautiful Elkhorn Lodge and cabins in Chama, NM.
- Arrive in Chama, NM on Thursday Sept 22 for a dinner and a campfire. BYOB.
- On Friday Day 1 ride from Chama NM around a wilderness area, ride near the narrow gauge railroad tracks, to a remote railroad depot for lunch.
- Ride along a Wilderness Boundary and have lunch at the old Chili Line Depot in Tres Piedras, New Mexico.
- After a late Lunch, ride to the Ojo Caliente Hot Springs and spend the night camping (camping spot included) at their campground at the Resort. You could also grab a room if one is available.
- There is a restaurant onsite and you can soak in the awesome Hot Springs if you wish with a discount included with your stay.
- There will be a campfire on Friday and the camaraderie of Like-minded enthusiasts.
Day 2 visit the spectacular Rio Grande Gorge from the top and ride down into the gorge and along the Rio Grande river.
- Then ride back into a few old Spanish communities, and take the High Road to and above Taos, New Mexico and stay in Taos Saturday night.
- Your choice for lodging. We could have dinner together Saturday night or you could go and check out Taos ?
Day 3 ride in an area of Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado where few people people live and even fewer visit.
- Ride around an active mine near a ski resort up the Red River, amongst some old Volcanoes and an off-road section to visit the oldest Town in Colorado, San Luis.
- Ride from San Luis and adventure back to the Rio Grande river and the last bridge in Colorado on the Rio Grande River, and then visit the oldest Church in Colorado in Antonito on the border.
- Ride back to Chama off-road and to twisty pavement.
- Or if you’ve had enough, just ride twisty pavement back to Chama from Antonito
Return to your truck or RV securely parked on Sunday night, enjoy an included BBQ and either spend Sunday night at the Elkhorn lodge or cabins or say adios.
There won’t be any games, talks, or seminars on this ride.
- You will find spectacular Adventure bike loops and the camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts around a bonfire.
- This adventure ride is suitable for 250cc Dual Sport to Open Adventure Bikes.
- The Club will portage your camping gear so you may ride unencumbered.
- The club can also transport your Ice-chest and replenish with Ice.
- The Routes are 2 track, dirt roads and as little pavement as possible
- We will need to portage gas for after ride ‘around’ Antonito Mountain (an old volcano) on Day 1.
- On Day 2 you’ll ride along a little seen remote section to the Rio Grande river on very little used 2 Track.
- Day 3 is a spectacular ride only a few people have ridden.
- 3 days riding, 4 nights lodging (Friday night camping @ Ojo Caliente is included).
- Lodging Thursday, Saturday and Sunday night is on you.
- 530 miles in 3 days.
- Join the Club for $425.00 and this ride is included.
The Spanish Border ADV ride includes:
- Luggage portage
- Fuel portage
- Ice chest portage
- Chase Truck & trailer
- Local Support
- Camping Friday night
- Breakfast Friday & Dinner Thursday and Sunday
- Phone compatible GPS tracks
- Ride With GPS club membership.
- Exit Tours club membership
- T-shirt and participation pin.
- Discounted lodging reservations
- The camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts.
- Bottled water.
- Trail snacks & Candy
AUTUMN SPANISH BORDER ADVENTURE RIDE
- WHAT: 3 DAY AUTUMN ADVENTURE RIDE IN SOUTHERN COLORADO & NORTHERN NEW MEXICO
- WHEN: SEPT 21-24 2023 Ride Friday to Sunday
- Arrive Thursday Sept 21
- WHERE: Colorado & New Mexico Border
- ARRIVE & STAY THURSDAY: Chama, NM
- START FRIDAY: Chama, NM
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Ojo Caliente Hot Springs Resort, NM
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Taos , NM
- SUNDAY: Chama, NM
- START TIME: 7 AM to 9 AM on Friday Sept 22
- START ADDRESS: 2663 S. Highway 84,
Chama, NM 87520
OJO Caliente is a first Class Hot Springs in Northern New Mexico.
A thoroughly Epic Locale to Camp, Dine and Soak on Friday night.
Camping is included on Friday Night.
Dining and Soaking is your choice.
Ojo Caliente means Hot Water in Spanish.