The Autumn Spanish Border Adventure Motorcycle ride is a 3 Day Adventure Ride.
The Rides takes place September 20-22 Friday to Sunday.
Show up in Chama, NM on Thursday Sept 19
The ride is held on the border of Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico.
On the first week of Autumn when the trees are changing colors.
The Spanish border Adventure ride includes pavement, little used Dirt roads and unused 2 track through Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado.
Start Friday in the old Railroad town of Chama in Northern New Mexico.
- Ride to top shelf Ojo Caliente Hot Springs Resort in Northern New Mexico for Friday night.
- Camping is included Friday Night.
- Visit the Rio Grande Gorge and spend Saturday night in Taos, NM.
- Sunday ride to a New Mexican Ski Resort, over a Mtn and around an old mine, and a Volcano.
- Visit the oldest Town and the oldest Church in Colorado.
- Then complete the loop back to Chama over a 10,000 foot Mtn Pass.
- From Chama New Mexico, to Ojo Caliente Hot Springs, to Taos.
- And Back to Chama
Show up on Thursday and the ride is from Friday to Sunday.
The Spanish Border Adventure Ride is Suitable for any Adventure Motorcycle, 300-1290 cc.
This is an Adventure ride, not a plated dirt bike ride
Arrive in Chama, New Mexico on Thursday Sept 19 for an included dinner
- And an Epic Autumn 3 Day Adventure ride from Sept 20-22, 2024– Friday to Sunday
- When the trees are turning colors.
- Join Exit Tours Motorcycle Club and this ride is included.
- No workdays, meetings or Politics.
- Just Join and Ride.
On the Autumn Spanish Border ride you will have the opportunity to stay and start the ride from the beautiful Elkhorn Lodge and cabins in Chama, NM.
- Arrive in Chama, NM on Thursday Sept 19 for a dinner and a campfire.
- Your choice of room or Cabin.
- Lodging cost is on You.
- On Friday Day 1 ride from Chama NM around the Las Cruces Basin wilderness area.
- Ride near the narrow gauge railroad tracks, to a remote old railroad depot for lunch.
Ride along a Wilderness Boundary, around an old Volcano and have lunch at the old Chili Line Depot in Tres Piedras, New Mexico.
After a late Lunch, ride to the Ojo Caliente Hot Springs and spend the night camping (campsite included) at their campground at the Hot Mineral SpringsResort.
You could grab a room on you if one is available.
- There is a restaurant onsite and you can soak in the awesome Hot Springs if you wish, with a discount included with your stay.
- You can BBQ on Friday and enjoy the camaraderie of your Like-minded enthusiasts.
- The club will portage your camping gear and have a kitchen and BBQ set-up for you to BBQ.
- Bring your Ice chest ?
Day 2 visit the spectacular Rio Grande Gorge from the top and ride down into the gorge and along the Rio Grande river.
Then ride through a few old Spanish communities,
And take the High Road to and above Taos, New Mexico and stay in Taos Saturday night.
- Your choice for lodging.
- We could have dinner together Saturday night or you could go and check out HistoricTaos ?
- Ride HQ is the Historic Sagebrush Inn & Suites
- Ask to stay in the old Courtyard
Day 3 ride in an area of Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado where few people people live and even fewer visit.
- Ride around an inactive mine near a ski resort up the Red River .
- Amongst and around some old Volcanoes.
- Ride an off-road section to visit the oldest Town in Colorado, San Luis.
Ride from San Luis and adventure back to the Rio Grande river and the last bridge in Colorado over the Rio Grande River.
- Then visit the oldest Church in Colorado in Antonito, on the border.
Ride back to Chama off-road and to twisty pavement.
- Or if you’ve had enough, just ride twisty pavement back to Chama from Antonito
Return to your truck or RV securely parked on Sunday night.
- Enjoy an included Dinner and beverage on Sunday afternoon
- Either spend Sunday night at the Elkhorn lodge or cabins or say adios.
There won’t be any games, talks, or seminars on this ride.
- You will find spectacular Adventure bike loops and the camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts around a bonfire.
- This adventure ride is suitable for 300cc to Open Adventure Bikes.
- The Club will portage your camping gear so you may ride unencumbered.
- The club can also transport your Ice-chest and replenish with Ice.
- The Routes are 2 track, dirt roads and as little pavement as possible
On Day 2 you’ll ride along a little seen remote section to the Rio Grande river on very little used 2 Track.
- Day 3 is a spectacular ride only a few people have ridden.
- 3 days riding
- Friday night camping @ Ojo Caliente is included.
- Lodging Thursday, Saturday and Sunday night is on you.
- 530 miles in 3 days.
- Join the Club for $425.00 and this ride is included.
The Spanish Border ADV ride includes:
- Camping Gear & Luggage portage
- Ice chest portage
- Chase Truck & trailer
- Local Support
- Camping Friday night
- Breakfast Friday & Dinner Thursday and Sunday
- Phone compatible Ride with GPS tracks
- Ride With GPS club membership
- Exit Tours club membership
- Discounted lodging reservations
- The Camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts
- Bottled water
- Trail snacks
AUTUMN SPANISH BORDER ADVENTURE RIDE
- WHAT: 3 DAY AUTUMN ADVENTURE RIDE
IN SOUTHERN COLORADO & NORTHERN NEW MEXICO
- WHEN: SEPT 19-22 2024 Ride Friday to Sunday
- Arrive Thursday Sept 19
- WHERE: Colorado & New Mexico Border
- ARRIVE & STAY THURSDAY: Chama, NM
- START FRIDAY: Chama, NM
- FRIDAY NIGHT: Ojo Caliente Hot Springs Resort, NM
- SATURDAY NIGHT: Taos , NM
- SUNDAY: Chama, NM
- START TIME: 9 AM on Friday Sept 20
- START ADDRESS: 2663 S. Highway 84,
Chama, NM 87520
OJO Caliente is a first class Hot Springs Resort in Northern New Mexico.
One of the Top Ten Hot Springs in America. Ojo really is a Top Shelf Hot Springs Resort
- A thoroughly Epic Locale to Camp, Dine and Soak on Friday night.
- Camping is included on Friday Night.
- Dining and Soaking is your choice.
- Ojo Caliente means Hot Water in Spanish.
E-TICKET ADVENTURE RIDE