Continental Divide Adventure Ride
JULY 6-10 2023
Four Day 740 mile Adventure Motorcycle ride on the Continental Divide from and to the Colorado Springs Airport.
The Ride is from July 7-10 – Friday to Monday.
This is a low-key, high adventure, no hassle Adventure Motorcycle ride on the Continental Divide.
Includes proven phone compatible GPS Tracks, Gear Portage and a Chase Truck.
The ride starts from the secure Colorado Springs Airport and returns 4 days later.
Ride over 11 Mountain Passes you’ve probably only heard about:
Colorado Springs Airport to the Continental Divide. And Back.
- 11 Mountain Passes.
- 4 Days, 750 miles.
- Ride up Pikes Peak on Day 4 if you wish.
- GPS Tracks.
- Gear Portage.
- Route Maps.
- Chase Truck and Support.
- 60% Off-Road.
- Lodging or Camping Not Included.
- Club will reserve Lodging and purchase some meals.
Check the Article & Photos on Adventure Rider:
BRIEF RIDE DESCRIPTION
Day 1 – Loop is Clockwise – around Pikes Peak
- Colorado Springs to Gold Camp Road old Railroad Right-of-way to Victor pass.
- Phantom Canyon Railroad Right-of-way to Canon City, to Temple Canyon Park to Cotopaxi.
- To Ute Pass to Salida. Overnight in Salida. 1 Pass.
President Theodore Roosevelt said on a Train ride in 1900 that the beauty of the route from Colorado Springs to Victor:
“This is the ride that bankrupts the English language.”
Day 2 – Off-Road from Salida to Buena Vista. To Leadville.
- To Trout Creek Pass, then over Weston Pass to Granite.
- Mt. Elbert Forebay to Twin Lakes.
- To Independence Pass to Aspen.
- From Aspen to Basalt to over Hagerman Pass to Turquoise Lake to Leadville.
- Overnight in Leadville.
- 4 Passes.
- Stay at the Historic Delaware Hotel.
Day 3 – Loop over Cottonwood Pass to the town of Tincup. To Salida.
- Over Cumberland Pass to Pitkin.
- To Old Monarch Pass to Sargents.
- Old Marshall Pass Railroad right of way to Salida.
- Overnight in Salida.
- Camp on the River or Stay in a Hotel.
- 6 Passes.
Day 4– From Salida to Ute Pass to 11 Mile Canyon RR Row on the Platte River to Hwy 24.
- From 11 Mile Cyn, RR ROW To Woodland Park.
- Rampart Range road of Garden of the Gods or
- Up to Pikes Peak Summit if you wish.
- To Manitou Springs & Old Colorado City to Cheyenne Canyon RR ROW to Colorado Springs Airport.
- 60 percent off road
- This ride will stage and park at the secure Colorado Springs Airport.
- Long Term parking at the Airport is $8 a day. (4 days)
Use Code ‘Exit Tours’ for special Rates.
On Thursday & Monday Stay at the Raddison Airport Hotel in Colorado Springs
1645 Newport Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Phone: (719) 597-7000
Thursday & Monday
Stay at Browns Canyon Inn on Hwy 50 in Salida on Friday & Sunday
407 East Hwy 50,
Hwy 50 @ County Rd 107
Salida, CO 81201
OR CAMP and dine at the Drift-In near Salida on the Big Bend of the Arkansas River
on Friday & Sunday. Camping at the Drift-In is Included with the Ride.
Stay at the Historic Delaware Hotel in Leadville Saturday.
The club has reserved rooms. Suites will sleep 4 or 2 beds to a room.
Lodging @ the Delaware is on you to Confirm with your CC.
700 Harrison Ave.
Leadville CO, 80461
- 4 Day Adventure Ride on the Divide – July 7-10.
- Eleven + Mtn Passes.
- Show up in Colorado Springs on Thursday July 6.
- DAY 1 – Ride from Colorado Springs Airport, around Pikes Peak on old Railroad Lines to of mining town of Victor, down Phantom Cyn to Temple Cyn Park.
- To Cotopaxi, then ride through the high plains and drop down into the old railroad town of Salida.
- DAY 2 – Ride over Aspen Ridge to Trout Creek Pass. Then over Weston Pass, the road to riches, to Independence Pass.
- Arrive in Aspen for Lunch. From Aspen, ride the jeep road Hagerman Pass to spend the night at the historic Delaware Hotel in Leadville.
- DAY 3 – Ride offroad from Leadville. Then down the Arkansas river valley on old RR Lines, to Buena Vista.
- From BV, take Cottonwood Pass to the town of Tincup and ride over Cumberland Pass to Pitkin.
- Then over Waunita and Black Sage passes to the top of Old Monarch Pass.
- Down paved Monarch Pass to Sargents, and then up and over the first Railroad line over the Continental Divide on Marshall Pass and back to Salida.
- DAY 4 – Ride out of Salida off-road up an old Mountain racetrack to to the South Platte River.
- Come out of 11 Mile Canyon and ride off-road thru Florrisant to Divide.
- Off-road to Woodland Park and ride down Rampart Range road to Garden of the Gods.
- From GOG you can ride up Pikes Peak. Your choice, then ride Gold Camp road to Cheyenne Canyon, and back to the COS Airport.
- This is an Epic 4 day adventure with over 70,000 ft of elevation gain.
- 11+ Mtn Passes on all the dirt road short or long cuts laid out by our local experts.
Ride over Moutain Passes you’ve only heard about:
- Victor Pass*
- Trout Creek Pass
- Weston Pass
- Independence Pass*
- Hagerman Pass
- Mosquito Pass**
- Weston Pass*
- Cottonwood Pass*
- Cumberland Pass
- Waunita Pass
- Blacksage Pass
- Old Monarch Pass
- Monarch Pass*
- Marshall Pass
- Pikes Peak (Not a Pass)*
- Over 70,000 feet in elevation gain in 4 days
- * = Paved
- **=Alternate Tough loop on Day 3
- Club membership for this 4 day ADV ride is $425 and includes:
- Luggage portage, chase truck & trailer, phone compatible GPS tracks.
- Discounted lodging, several meals, T-Shirt, stickers & finisher pin.
- Local Support.
- Secure truck parking @ the Colorado Springs Airport.
- We will have a riders meeting each morning, but you leave when you wish and ride with whom you want.
- This is a super fun ride with spectacular scenery every day.
- If you want to see and experience the Heart of the Rocky Mountains, this is one hell of an opportunity..
CONTINENTAL DIVIDE ADVENTURE