Colorado Backroads Discovery Ride Adventure +
AUGUST 24 – 31 2023
SIGN-UP OPENS JAN 1 2023
Have you ever wanted to ride your Adventure Motorcycle on a Colorado Backroads Adventure +?
From Cortez, Colorado near the 4 Corners to the Wyoming Border ?
- Exit Tours MC of Salida, CO. will host a 7 day supported ride from Cortez, CO to the Wyoming border over the last week of August 2023.
- The ride starts on Friday August 25 near the 4 Corners and finishes on Thursday August 31 at the Ladder Ranch on the Wyoming Border.
- Arrive at the Ute Mountain Casino in Cortez, CO. on Thursday August 24
The COLORADO BACKROADS DISCOVERY RIDE ADVENTURE + is from Friday AUGUST 25 TO THURSDAY AUG 31 2023
Why is this Ride called Adventure + ?
Because Day 7 includes the Red Desert X Loop of the Wyoming Backroads Discovery Route.
The concept of this ride is to make it easier for you to ride your own motorcycle on the Colorado Backroads Discovery Route from Cortez, CO. to the Wyoming border.
- Support on the route for 7 days
- Dialed-in Phone compatible GPS Tracks
- Breakfast available every morning
- Prearranged Camping or Lodging locales
- Gear portage so you may ride unencumbered
- Transport of an Ice Chest, cot & chair, plus your camping gear
- BBQ & Kitchen Set-up when camping so you can cook if you wish
- Club supplied utensils & condiments
- Camaraderie of Like-minded individuals
- Transport your gear back to your truck at the start
Colorado offers some of the tallest mountains passable by a motorcycle in North America.
- With several passes over 12,000 feet, there is no shortage of views on this route.
- You may experience shortness of breath while taking in the sights in the thin air of Ophir, Corkscrew, Hurricane, California, Cinnamon, Cumberland, Cottonwood, Weston and Hagerman passes.
Beginning near the four corners location where CO, AZ, NM and UT intersect, this 800 + mile route winds its way north through the Rocky Mountains to the Wyoming border and the Red Desert X- loop.
- The terrain includes dirt roads with rocks, sand and even a few water crossings to keep things exciting.
- The Club will insist that all riders use the BUDDY SYSTEM
- The CO BACKROADS ADVENTURE RIDE will stage, lodge & park on Thursday Aug. 24 and start on Friday Aug. 25th at the Ute Mountain Casino between Cortez and 4 Corners.
- Where secure truck parking is available.
CAMPING and LODGING DAYS
- Camp on Days 1, 2, 5 & 6.
- The club will drop your bags at a Hotel on the route if you wish
- Lodging reservations at the start and on Days 3, 4, 5 & 7
- Day 4 is a Rest Day
OVERNIGHT CAMPING OR LODGING LOCALES:
- Start Ute Mtn Hotel & Casino
- DAY 1 TELLURIDE Last Dollar CG – Friday
- DAY 2 LAKE CITY Mill Creek CG- Saturday
- DAY 3 SALIDA – Ponderosa Lodge Fire Camp on Sunday
- DAY 4 REST DAY in SALIDA – Monday (Ride some Mtn Passes not on the ‘official’ COBDR)
- DAY 5 GYPSUM – Sweetwater Canyon -Tuesday
- DAY 6 STEAMBOAT SPRINGS- Hahn’s Peak Lake Wednesday
- DAY 7 LADDER RANCH on the Colorado/ Wyoming border -Thursday
INCLUDED with the CLUB SUPPORTED COLORADO BACKROADS ADVENTURE:
- Dinner at the Ute Mountain Casino before the start
- Breakfast Available every morning
- Dialed-in Ride with GPS phone compatible Tracks
- Ride with GPS Club membership
- Exit Tours MC membership
- Gear & luggage portage
- Chase truck & trailer
- Local support
- Ride unencumbered by camping gear
- Ability to bring an Ice chest
- Club will re-supply Ice
- Discounted lodging reservations
- Predetermined meeting or camping locations
- Breakfast Available when camping
- Dinner Monday night in Salida
- Camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts
- Rest Day on Day 4
- Camping or Lodging reservations at the Ponderosa Lodge on Day’s 3 & 4
- Discounted Lodging reservations
- Camping at Lodging Reservations on Sweetwater Canyon in Gypsum on Day 5
- Reservations at the Ute Mountain Casino on arrival day and the Ladder Ranch on Day 7
- Discounted Lodging reservations at the Ute Mtn Casino on what would be Day 8
- Secure truck parking at the Ute Mountain Casino
- Chase / portage trailer taken back to Cortez to drop gear
- The Camaraderie of Like-Minded Enthusiasts
- Bench racing sessions
- Colorado Great Divide Adventure stickers
- The club suggests a 300 cc to 1290 cc Adventure bike on this 7 Day Colorado Adventure.
- This Colorado Backroads Discovery Ride Adventure is for street legal, quiet motorcycles with liability insurance.
- You will not need Panniers or saddle bags.
- A backpack and a tank bag should suffice.
Please see this Page on RIDE PREPARATION
Page on Colorado OHV Stickers
The COST of the Colorado Backroads Discovery Ride ADVENTURE CLUB SUPPORTED RIDE:
- Cost of Club membership for the COLORADO BACKROADS DISCOVERY RIDE ADVENTURE:
- $700 when Signing-Up for a 7 Day supported adventure from Cortez to the Wyoming Border
- Lodging and any camping fees are Not included.
Sign-Up is Limited to 25 Riders
Link to Utemountaincasino.com
Link to the Ladderranch.com
Start Locale Link on Google Maps: