Colorado Backroads Adventure
AUGUST 25 – SEPTEMBER 1 2022
SIGN-UP is Still Open as of July 25 until ?
Have you ever wanted to ride your Adventure Motorcycle on a Colorado Backroads Adventure from Cortez, Colorado near the 4 Corners to the Wyoming Border ?
- Exit Tours MC of Salida, CO. will host a 7 day supported ride from Cortez, CO to the Wyoming border over the last weekend in August 2022.
- The ride starts on Friday August 26 and finishes on Thursday September 1st.
- Arrive at the Ute Mountain Casino in Cortez, CO. on Thursday August 25
The COLORADO BACKROADS DISCOVERY ROUTE ADVENTURE is from Friday AUGUST 26 TO THURSDAY SEPT 1 2022
The concept being to make it easier for you to ride your own motorcycle on Colorado Backroads from Cortez to the Wyoming border.
- Support on the route for 7 days
- Phone compatible GPS Tracks
- Camaraderie of Like-minded individuals
- Transport your gear back to your truck at the start
Colorado offers some of the tallest mountains passable by a motorcycle in North America.
- With several passes over 12,000 feet, there is no shortage of views on this route.
- You may experience shortness of breath while taking in the sights in the thin air of Ophir, Corkscrew, Hurricane, California, Cinnamon, Cumberland, Cottonwood, Weston and Hagerman passes.
Beginning near the four corners location where CO, AZ, NM and UT intersect, this 680 + mile route winds its way north through the Rocky Mountains to the Wyoming border.
- The terrain includes dirt roads with rocks, sand and even a few water crossings to keep things exciting.
- The Club will insist that all riders use the BUDDY SYSTEM
- The CO BACKROADS ADVENTURE will stage, lodge & park on Thursday Aug. 25 and start on Friday Aug. 26th at the Ute Mountain Casino between Cortez and 4 Corners.
- Where secure truck parking is available.
CAMPING and LODGING DAYS
- Camp on Days 1, 2, 5 & 6.
- Lodging reservations at the start and on Days 3, 4 & 7
- Day 4 is a Rest Day
OVERNIGHT CAMPING OR LODGING LOCALES:
- DAY 1 TELLURIDE – Friday
- DAY 2 LAKE CITY – Saturday
- DAY 3 BUENA VISTA – Sunday (Cottonwood Hot Springs)
- DAY 4 REST DAY in BUENA VISTA – Monday (Ride some Mtn Passes not on the COBDR ?)
- DAY 5 GYPSUM or GLENWOOD CANYON -Tuesday
- DAY 6 STEAMBOAT SPRINGS- Wednesday
- DAY 7 LADDER RANCH on the Colorado/ Wyoming border -Thursday
INCLUDED with the CLUB SUPPORTED COLORADO BACKROADS ADVENTURE:
- Dinner at the Ute Mountain Casino before the start
- Dialed-in Ride with GPS phone compatible Tracks
- Ride with GPS Club membership
- Exit Tours MC membership
- Gear & luggage portage
- Chase truck & trailer
- Local support
- Ride unencumbered by camping gear
- Ability to bring an Ice chest
- Club will re-supply Ice
- Discounted lodging reservations
- Predetermined meeting or camping locations
- Breakfast when camping
- Dinner Monday night in Buena Vista
- Camaraderie of like-minded enthusiasts
- Rest Day on Day 4 in Buena Vista at Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa
- Camping or Lodging reservations at Cottonwood Hot Springs
- Soaking at Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa included with stay
- Option for camping, cabin, motel room or dorm room
- Discounted Lodging reservations
- Reservations at the Ute Mountain Casino on arrival day and the Ladder Ranch on Day 7
- Secure truck parking at the Ute Mountain Casino
- Chase / portage trailer taken back to Cortez to drop gear
- The Camaraderie of Like-Minded Enthusiasts
- Bench racing sessions
- Colorado Adventure stickers
- The club suggests a 300 cc to 1290 cc Adventure bike on this 7 Day Colorado Adventure.
- This Colorado Backroads Adventure is for street legal, quiet motorcycles with liability insurance.
- You will not need Panniers or saddle bags. A backpack and a tank bag could suffice.
Please see this Page on RIDE PREPARATION
Page on Colorado OHV Stickers
The COST of the Colorado Backroads Discovery Route ADVENTURE CLUB SUPPORTED RIDE:
- Cost of Club membership for the COLORADO BACKROADS ADVENTURE is $100 a day
- $700 when Signing-Up for a 7 Day supported adventure from Cortez to the Wyoming Border
- Lodging and any camping fees are Not included.
Sign-Up is Limited to 25 Riders
LINKS to LODGING:
Link to Utemountaincasino.com
Link to Cottonwood Hot Springs
Link to the Ladderranch.com
Start Locale Link on Google Maps: