Rocky Mountains Passes in the Heart of the Rockies
High mountain passes you can ride the Heart of the Rockies are in the following mountain ranges:
- The Sawatch Range (Continental Divide) which divides the Arkansas River Valley and the Colorado River Headwaters.
- The Mosquito Range which divides the Arkansas and South Platte River.
- The Sangre de Cristo Range which divides the Rio Grande and the Arkansas rivers.
- The Northern San Juan’s, which are the headwaters watershed of the Rio Grande River.
(Click to View Images)
- The Crossroads of the Rockies are Hwy 285 & 50 in Poncha Springs and Hwy’s 24 & 285 in Buena Vista, in south central Colorado.
- The white X on the map is the Chaffee County Fairgrounds..
- Chaffee County is home to more 14 thousand foot peaks than any other county in North America.
List of passes you could ride in the Heart of the Rockies
Sawatch Range Passes.
- Black Sage.
- Old Monarch.
Sangre de Cristo Range Passes.
Mosquito Range Passes.
- Mosquito Pass.
- Trout Creek.
Northern San Juan Range Passes.
- Ute Pass.
- Otto Mears Toll-Road
All of these passes could be negotiated by any competent rider on a properly set up ADV motorcycle.
(Click to View Image)