So you want to ride from Cortez, Colorado to the Wyoming border, but are wondering how the travel logistics will work?
Either ride your motorcycle to Cortez vs drive your truck and park it at the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado.
The Route ends near Savery, WYO, basically in the middle of nowhere.
The plan for the end of August is to ride from the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado to the Wyoming border, following the Colorado Backroads Discovery Route.
If you drove to the 4 corners region, you can park your truck at the Casino, hang out and get to know your fellow enthusiasts on Thursday night, and enjoy dinner and a banquet Thursday Night.
- Sign-in, stage and lodge on Thursday Aug 25 and start Friday Aug. 26 from the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez.
- Camp on days 1 & 2, 5 and 6.
- Stay Sunday night Day 3 and Day 4 at Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa near Buena Vista.
- Camping locations will be pre-arranged and will include breakfast in the morning.
- Or you could camp somewhere on your own if you wish, after letting the club know you survived the day.
- Use Monday Day 4 as a rest day at the Inn & Spa.
- Soaking at the Hot Springs is included with lodging.
- There are several loops to Mountain passes not on the COBDR you could ride on Day 4 if you would like ride more in the heart of the Rockies.
- Loops on Monday could be 80 to 150 miles loops. Ride with GPS tracks supplied. Or you could just rest and enjoy the resort.
Discounted lodging at the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Sunday night and Monday night at Cottonwood Hot Springs Resort near Buena Vista and at the Ladder Ranch on Day 7 is not included with the ride.
- Lodging discount codes will be supplied after Sign-Up Confirmation.
LINKS to LODGING:
Link to Utemountaincasino.com
Link to Cottonwood Hot Springs
Link to the Ladderranch.com
Start Locale Link on Google Maps:
The Colorado Backroads Adventure will end on Thursday Sept 1 at the Ladder Ranch where we can spend the night on day 7 on the CO/ WYO border.
But now we need to get from Savery, WYO either back to Cortez, or wherever you call home ?
- If you rode to Cortez, there is tire wear on the pavement to consider, before the ride and transporting 7 days worth of gear.
- If you chose to ride to Cortez, once you arrive in Cortez, you could offload your gear to the Chase trailer.
- Go shopping on your bike, purchase an ice chest locally, fill it, and then get back to the Casino on your bike and put the ice chest in the chase trailer.
- Or borrow a truck, hitch a ride or hire an Uber to take you shopping ?
- At the end of the ride in Wyoming, you could then pack your gear back on your bike, leave the ice chest, and ride home.
Savery is 2.5 hours North of I -70 near Rifle, CO. Again, in the middle of nowhere, but Rifle, CO is on a major Interstate Hwy.
If you drove your truck to Cortez, how do you get back to Cortez to your truck with your Gear ?
- The Club will drive the chase trailer with your gear back to Cortez.
- Ride back to Cortez.
- Your truck has been securely at the Ute Mountain Casino.
You could then unload your gear to your truck, and leave from Cortez back to wherever home is.
- The Google map below shows 3 routes back to Cortez, CO from Savery, WYO.
- You could ride back to Cortez the long scenic way, a shorter fast scenic way or the fastest through Moab.
Those are basically your options if you want to ride from near the 4 Corners to the Wyoming border the the last weekend in August 2022.