Colorado Backroads Adventure +
AUGUST 24 TO AUGUST 31
So you want to ride from Cortez, Colorado to the Wyoming border, but are wondering how the travel logistics will work?
- Either ride your motorcycle to Cortez OR drive your truck and park it at the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado.
- The Route ends near Savery, WYO, basically in the middle of nowhere.
- The Club will portage your gear back to the 4 corners area on Sept 1.
- The plan for the end of August is to ride from the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado to the Wyoming border, following the Colorado Backroads Discovery Route.
- You could also rent a U-Haul on the Front Range, and drive it with your bikes in the back to Cortez.
- Drop the rental truck near Cortez.
- Then ride back from Wyoming to the Front Range to home ?
If you drove your truck to the 4 Corners region, you can park your truck at the secure Casino.
- The Club will portage your Gear back to the Casino on Sept 1 2023
- Hang out and get to know your fellow Like-minded enthusiasts on Thursday night, and enjoy dinner and a banquet Thursday Night at the Casino.
- Sign-in & stage at the Ute Casino on Thursday Aug 24
- The ride starts Friday Aug. 25 from the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez.
- Camp on days 1 & 2, 5, 6.
- Camping is included with club membership on days 1,2 and 6
- Camp on Day 1 near Telluride
- Camp on Day 2 near Lake City
- Lodge Sunday night Day 3 and Day 4 near Salida,CO.
- Day 4 is a Rest Day
- Camp or Lodge on Day 5 in Sweetwater Canyon at a private campground near Gypsum.
- Camp Day 6 – North of Steamboat Springs
- Day 7 Camp or Lodge at the Ladder Ranch
- Camping locations will be pre-arranged and will include breakfast in the morning.
- Or you could camp somewhere on your own if you wish, after letting the club know you survived the day.
- Hotels are available near most campsites, and the club can drop your portaged gear at the hotel of your choice on the route.
- If you choose a Hotel or to camp elsewhere, it must be on the route.
- Your gear will not be transported to remote locations.
REST DAY INFO
- The Ponderosa Lodge is a Fire camp and family Lodge west of Salida, CO
- Use Monday Day 4 as a rest day
- There are several loops to Mountain passes, not on the COBDR you could ride on Day 4 if you would like ride more in the heart of the Rockies.
- Loops on Monday could be 80 to 130 miles loops.
- Ride with GPS tracks will be supplied for Loops in the Heart of Rockies.
- Or you could just rest and enjoy the day off.
You are responsible to purchase your own Lodging.
- Discounted lodging will be available at the Ute Mountain Casino near the 4 Corners in Cortez, CO. On Sept 24th & Sept 1st
- On Days 3 & 4 we will Lodge at the Ponderosa Lodge on Monarch Pass outside Salida.
- The club will reserve and your are responsible for payment.
- Lodging at the Ponderosa Lodge will include Dinner Monday night.
- The Club will purchase steak dinners on Sunday night in Salida.
- Lodging or camping is available at the Ladder Ranch on Day 7, and is not included with the ride.
- The club will reserve and again you are responsible for Payment.
- Dinner will be available at the Ladder Ranch for purchase as will breakfast on what will be Day 8.
- Lodging discount codes will be supplied after Sign-Up Confirmation.
- A payment form will be arranged for lodging reserved by the Club
LINKS to LODGING:
Link to Utemountaincasino.com
Link to the Ladderranch.com
Start Locale Link on Google Maps:
The Colorado Backroads Adventure + will end on Thursday AUG 31 at the Ladder Ranch where we can spend the night on day 7 on the CO/ WYO border.
But now we need to get from Savery, WYO either back to Cortez, or wherever you call home ?
- If you rode to Cortez, there is tire wear on the pavement to consider, before the ride and transporting 7 days worth of gear.
- If you chose to ride to Cortez, once you arrive in Cortez, you could offload your gear to the Chase trailer.
- At the end of the ride in Wyoming, you could then pack your gear back on your bike, and ride home.
Savery is 2.5 hours North of I -70 near Rifle, CO. Again, in the middle of nowhere, but Rifle, CO is on a major Interstate Hwy.
If you drove your truck to Cortez, how do you get back to Cortez to your truck with your Gear ?
- The Club will drive the chase trailer with your gear back to Cortez.
- Ride back to Cortez.
- Your truck has been securely at the Ute Mountain Casino.
You could then unload your gear to your truck, and leave from Cortez back to wherever home is.
- The Google map below shows 3 routes back to Cortez, CO from Savery, WYO.
- You could ride back to Cortez the long scenic way, a shorter fast scenic way or the fastest through Moab.
Those are basically your options if you want to ride back from near the Wyoming border to the 4 Corners region.