COLORADO BACKROADS DISCOVERY RIDE.
The Colorado Backroads Discovery Ride starts on Friday AUG 23
- From the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado.
- A 7 Day Club Adventure ride any competent rider may join.
- There will be a welcome Banquet and Swag Drawing Thursday evening at the Ute Mountain Casino.
- What do you need to get started ?
- A sense of adventure and common sense.
- A desire to ride on the COBDR in the mountains for 7 days, with a rest day in the middle.
- This club ride will make it easier for you to Ride the full COBDR, plus the Wyoming Red Desert X loop on Day 7.
- While the club will not hold your hand, we will have your back.
- Gear Portage, Chase truck & Trailer.
- The Club will cook Breakfast when camping and have a kitchen for dinner.
- Haul an ice chest for you.
- Fuel stops plotted.
- Dialed in Phone compatible Ride with GPS Tracks, with turn cues.
- Verbal Turn cues with a Bluetooth Headset.
- Camping and Lodging Logistics planned.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of Like-minded enthusiasts.
- Show up in the Afternoon on Thursday at the Ute Mountain Casino outside Cortez, CO.
- We’ll have a included banquet and Swag drawing Thursday evening at the Ute Mountain Casino.
Sign-Up instantly using PayPal
- You do not have to be a PayPal subscriber to use PayPal.
- PayPal’s Buy Now, Pay Later option is available on the Sign-Up page.
- 0% interest and 6 months to pay
Sign-Up and Join the Club for the COLORADO BACKROADS DISCOVERY ADVENTURE RIDE.
- SIGN-UP DEADLINE is August 1 or Until full.
- This Club ride is limited to 20 competent riders
- Cost of the Ride with Included Club membership for the COBDR Adventure is $700.
- You could pick up or drop off the Ride along the route if you cannot ride the whole 7 days.
CAMPING & LODGING INFO
Camping Fees are included with the ride and membership on Days 1& 2
Lodging is not included.
CAMPING & LODGING INFO
- Day 1 start from the Ute Mountain Casino in Cortez, we will remote Camp near Telluride at the Last Dollar Campsites
- Day 2 we will camp in a Campground on the route before Lake City.
- Day 3 we will lodge at the Ponderosa Lodge on Monarch Pass.
- Day 4 is a rest day at the Pondersosa Lodge.
- You could ride Mountain Passes not on the COBDR on day 4.
- Day 5 ride through Leadville on your way to Gypsum and Dotsero.
- Day 5 camp or lodge at Opa’s place in Sweetwater Canyon.
- Day 6 we will camp north of Steamboat Springs at Hahn’s Peak Lake Campground.
- Day 7 we will lodge or camp at the Ladder Ranch on the Wyoming border.
- If you do not wish to Camp or stay with the Club, you are welcome to find your own lodging or camping locale.
- If you choose this option your camping locale or lodging must be on the route.
- So that we can drop off and pick up your gear.
- Discounted lodging at the Ute Mountain Casino near Cortez, Colorado on Thursday and Thursday
- The Ute Mountain Casino is a very clean Indian Tribe owned Casino near the 4 Corners area.
The club will reserve the Ponderosa Lodge on nights 3 & 4. Sunday & Monday .
- The Ponderosa Lodge is a Family owned Lodge and Firefighting Camp on Monarch Pass.
- The Lodge is below 14k ft.Mt. Shavano in the Heart of the Rockies on the Continental Divide.
- Dinners & Breakfasts are included at the Ponderosa Lodge.
- You also have the Option to Stay at the Poncha Lodge < 8 miles from the Ponderosa Lodge
Day 5 we will stay at a private motorcycle only family owned campground near Gypsum and Dotsero in Sweetwater Canyon on Tuesday
- Sweetwater Canyon is a tributary to and right up the road from the Colorado River.
- There is a very nice pond with a beach for swimming, a creek for fishing and green grass for camping.
- Pop-up trailers and Tent camping sites are available.
- Hot Showers and Laundry are available in Sweetwater Canyon
- Dinner on Tuesday and breakfast on Wednesday will be included in Sweetwater Cyn. As well as adult beverages.
Lodging will be at the Ladder Ranch on the Wyoming Border on Days 6 & 7.
- Dinners will be available at the Ladder Ranch, as well as breakfast on Day 8.
- Rooms, a Cabin, couches and camping are available at the Ladder Ranch.
- As are hot showers and a Laundry room.
- The club will make breakfast when we are camping on the mornings of Day 2 & 3.
- Breakfast will be available on days 1,4 – 8
- Breakfast at the Casino on Day 1 is on you.
- The Club will Transport your gear so you may ride unencumbered by camping gear.
- We will keep your ice chest stocked every other day or so.
- When camping the club will have a kitchen and BBQ set up, with condiments and utensils.
On Rest Day 4 from the Ponderosa Lodge, there are several loops to Mountain passes not on the COBDR available to ride
- 2-3 Loops available on Monday will be from 50 to 150 miles loops, if you would like to ride more in the Heart of the Rockies..
- Ride with GPS tracks will be supplied for Loops on the Continental Divide.
- Or you could just rest and enjoy the Lodge.
- Shoot us an email with any Q’s: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hazards DO exist on our routes, such as downed trees, washouts, rocks, etc. and will NOT be marked in any fashion.
- All routes are publicly-accessible so you may also encounter other riders and traffic.
- Uphill Traffic has the Right-Of-Way
- Riders need to use caution and common sense at all times.
- Stay to the right when possible, particularly around blind turns.
- We discourage you from riding alone and encourage everyone to use the BUDDY SYSTEM
We will not have checkpoints throughout the day or sweep riders to keep track of you.
- We may provide “outriders” to help you if you need a shortcut to the finish or have questions along the way, but they should NOT be considered “sweep” riders:
- If you get stranded we will of course do what we can to bail you out, however if we need to arrange evacuation, medical aid, or any other form of rescue assistance for you there may be a an outside charge associated with that assistance.
- We will have a Sign-Out sheet in the morning.
- We insist everyone Sign-out in the Morning and Sign-In back in when you get back in the Afternoon.
- Please do not make us call your In-Case-of-Emergency contact by forgetting to Sign-back-In.
These Rides are for competent, licensed, insured riders with a street legal, quiet motorcycles with a USFS approved spark arrestor.
- By competent we mean having the necessary ability, knowledge, attitude and skill to complete these rides successfully.
By participating in ANY Club event every Club Member takes full and sole responsibility for their actions and well-being, without exception.
- All participants are on their own, riding at their own pace, at their own risk.
- And always have the option to follow the designated route or to follow another route of their choosing.
- Exit Tours M/C rides are non-competitive, self-guided, non-commercial, recreational club rides for members only paying for the amenities with the ride.
Q: Why do these rides cost what they do?
- There is no economy of scale.
- But since there will not be 200 riders you are guaranteed a more comfortable environment.
- Liability Insurance, art, website, web hosting, accounting, book-keeping, facility rentals, printing…
- Meals included with the rides, tents and trailers and our Club Members time, fuel, tires and lodging all add to the cost.
- Exit Tours M/C is a Colorado Non-Profit Corporation, and we will be donating a portion of any proceeds to the Blue Ribbon Coalition.
- Your ride fee assures the ongoing promotion of more motorcycle adventures.
If you withdraw your participation before a ride :
- There is a 50% REFUND on the COBDR ADVENTURE if you withdraw 60 days or more in Advance.
- If you withdraw in fewer than 60 Days, there is no Refund of the ride fee.
- Lodging Fees will be 100% refunded if you withdraw your entry more than 30 days prior.
- If you withdraw from this ride your payment for shared group expense amenities will be forfeited or MAY be transferred to another rider.
- A $20 Fee @ Sign-In will be required for Rider Changes
If Exit Tours Motorcycle Club cancels a ride we will make all attempts to provide an equivalent ride on an alternate date.
- If we do this then your prepaid shared group expense payment may be transferred to the new ride date, or if you cannot attend the new date, a 100% refund for shared group expenses will apply less PayPal Fees.
- Our rides are all-weather. Rides will not be cancelled, regardless of weather conditions, and refunds will not be given for shared group expense amenities. Nor will they be transferred to another ride or rider.