ITINERARY – CUBAN MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE
- January 19-27
- March 30 to April 7
Day 1: Fly to and Meet in Havana – Jan 19 or March 30
The U.S. “Support for the Cuban people” license allows individuals to travel freely to Cuba as they wish.
- After being picked up from the Airport, we’ll meet this evening at our B&B in Habana Vieja (Old Havana) for a welcome reception.
- Meet with our Cuban Motorcycle Guide Luis Enrique González Saez.
- Our welcome dinner will be nearby at Chacón 162, a popular ‘bikers bar’ and restaurant.
Day 2: Stage 1 Habana Vieja / Greater Havana / Bay of Pigs (150 miles)
After breakfast, pick up your Motorcycle and get familiar with of a Circuit around greater Havana.
- Then head east via the Escaleras de Jaruco hills and Madrugada.
- Then along the Autopista (freeway) and via the Zapata Peninsula to Playa Larga (“Bay of Pigs”).
Day 3, Stage 2: Cienfuegos / El Nicho / Trinidad (120 miles)
This morning you’ll follow a dirt track along the along the Caribbean shore to reach the bay city of Cienfuegos.
- After lunch in Cienfuegos and a brief stop to explore the city, we’ll follow a superbly scenic route as we climb into the Sierra Escambray mountains and continue along the Caribbean coast to the UNESCO World Heritage City of Trinidad.
- Trinidad is Cuba’s most authentic and perfectly preserved colonial city. This evening enjoy strolling the cobbled colonial streets.
Day 4, Stage 3: Topes de Collantes / El Nicho / Santa Clara / Remedios (100 miles)
Take the switchback to Topes de Collantes, high in the Sierra Escambray mountains, then follow a steep dirt track down to El Nicho waterfall for lunch.
- Then head via Manicaragua to Santa Clara, stopping to visit the Conjunto Escultórico Comandante Ernesto Che Guevara.
- This vast monument, mausoleum, and museum dominates Plaza de la Revolución–and other key sites associated with the final battle, in December 1958, that eventually toppled the brutal Batista regime.
- Continue the short distance to Remedios, a beautifully preserved UNESCO World Heritage Site colonial city.
Day 5, Stage 4: Sagua la Grande / Varadero OR Matanzas (184 miles)
Follow the Circuito Norte (North Coast Road) through the Vuelto Arriba tobacco country and beautiful coastal mountain landscapes of Villa Clara.
- Lunch beside the sea in the fishing village of Isabela de Sagua.
- Then continue to Varadero, Cuba’s premier beach resort where a sugar-white beach, and scores of hotels, spill along the full 8-mile length of the Hicacos Peninsula.
Day 6: Stage 5 Matanzas / Havana / Viñales (200 miles)
Head west to skirt Havana to visit Museo Ernest Hemingway (Hemingway’s former home).
- Then onto Las Terrazas, an eco-resort in the Sierra de Órganos mountains.
- Lunch here before continuing west to Viñales, a charming village in the heart of tobacco country and Cuba’s most scenic valley.
Day 7, Stage 6: San Luis y Martínez / Viñales (120 miles)
Full-day excursion offers a sinuous ride into the tobacco growing region of Vuelto Abajo.
- Visit and then lunch at a famous private tobacco farm.
- Return through scenic mountains via Isabel Rubio and Pons to Viñales.
Day 8, Stage 7 Viñales / Havana (100 miles)
Follow the Circuito Norte coast road route through the mountains back to Havana.
- After the return of the motorbikes, transfer to our B&B in Habana Vieja.
- Tonight enjoy a final dinner close by at 5 Sentidos, one of Havana’s finest private restaurants.
Day 9: End of trip
Today transfer to the airport for your departure flight.