AUGUST 26-30 X-ROADS TRAILRIDE
From Howard to Sargents and back over the Continental Divide.
Ride Friday to Sunday. Limited to up to 25 riders. 3 routes. 3 days riding. Epic Singletrack.
- Overnight on the other side of the Divide on Day 1.
- Lodging or Camping available. Luggage Portage.
- Day 2 ride back to Howard on more epic Singletrack.
- Day 3 ride a over a pass thru the Wilderness, to old mines and more Singletrack.
- Show up at the Sugarbush campground in Howard, Colorado on Thursday August 26 for a BBQ and beverages.
- Friday ride a 75 mile singletrack loop on the longest continuous singletrack trail in Colorado.
- Ride over the Continental Divide and spend Friday night camping or stay in a cabin at the Tomichi Creek Trading Post in Sargents, with an onsite Bar & Grill and fuel.
- The Club will portage your gear.
- Leave your Truck securely parked at Sugarbush Campground.
Map of the 3 Loops in the Heart of the Rockies
- Saturday Breakfast is included.
- Ride more killer singletrack on your way to the Continental Divide Trail.
- From the CDT it’s singletrack on Greens Creek down to Hwy 50 and Salida on a Epic Dual Sport loop and head back to where we started.
- Saturday is the longest loop at 112 miles and fuel & meals will be available in town.
- Return to the Sugarbush Campground where we started or you could stay in a hotel in town.
- Sunday is a 96 mile ride over a high mountain pass through the wilderness on 2 track to and through an area with some awesome old mining history.
- Ride some off-the-scale singletrack along the wilderness boundary a 1/3rd of the loop and head back to Sugarbush Campground for an included BBQ and beverages.
- Depart on Monday.
- On Monday you could do a really fun 75 mile Dual Sport Loop to the Salida Crater for an awesome view of the area if you didn’t get enough riding the previous 3 days…
- Camp at the Arkansas River on arrival at the private Sugarbush Campground on Thursday.
- On Friday Day 1 ride to a majority Singletrack trail for 75 miles to a Resort and Bar & Grill in Sargents for Friday night.
- Fuel available.
- Club will portage your gear.
- Day 2 ride as much Singletrack as possible back to where we started on a Dual Sport Loop to the Arkansas River and Camp.
- Day 3 ride loop from the river through a historic mining area and ride singletrack back to Arkansas River and Sugarbush Campground.
- This Club Trailride will include BBQ and beverages on arrival Thursday.
- Breakfast Friday and Saturday and a BBQ and beverages on Sunday.
- Lodging Reservations on Day 1
- Gear portage
- Chase truck
- Phone compatible GPS Tracks and support
- Ride with GPS Club Membership
- Ride Map
- Camaraderie of Like-minded individuals and and an epic 3 days of riding over 285 miles you wouldn’t put together on your own.
- East to West – 75 Miles – Rainbow trail. Rainbow singletrack trail to Hwy 285. Cross Hwy. West Rainbow trail to Poncha Loop/Silvercreek. To Marshall Pass up a creek.
- Marshall Pass to the Continental Divide Trail. CDT to Agate Creek. Agate Creek to Hwy 50 to Resort.
- 50+ Miles of Singletrack. Less than 10% pavement.
- Bar & Grill and fuel at destination.
- Clockwise – 112 miles- From the resort to Black Sage Pass on Singletrack. To Canyon Creek singletrack to Snowblind. To Old Monarch to Monarch Summit. Continental Divide Trail singletrack to down Greens Creek singletrack.
- To Fuel in Poncha Springs. To below Mt. Shavano to Hwy 285. River Road to Smeltertown to Ute Mine trail. To Spiral Mtn to Railroad 2 track to Cleora.
- To Wellsville. Powerline/River Loop to Campground on the river. 40+ miles singletrack.
- 2 track, & dirt roads. 10% Pavement.
- Fuel & Snacks Available.
- Clockwise – 96 Miles – Campground on the river. Ride downstream. To Hayden Creek Road. To over Hayden Pass. Fenceline trail below Sangre De Cristo’s to Alder Creek. Clover Creek to Otto Mears Tollroad.
- To Silvercreek / West Rainbow Trailhead. Rainbow Singletrack to Hwy 285.
- Cross 285 to East Rainbow Singletrack. To Bearcreek. To Wellsville. To River Road.
- To Campground.
- 30+ Miles of Singletrack.
- Challenging 2 track. Less than 10% Pavement.
- This is a remote loop with no fuel or snacks available.
CAMPING & LODGING INFO
CAMP AT SUGARBUSH AUGUUST 26-30
MAKE YOUR OWN CAMPING RESERVATIONS FROM THURSDAY AUGUST 26 UNTIL MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 30.
YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO LEAVE YOUR TRUCK SECURELY PARKED AT THE CAMPGROUND ON MONDAY NIGHT WHEN WE STAY IN SARGENTS.
The Club has asked that most of the Campground be reserved August 26-30 2021
CAMPING at SUGARBUSH
- Full-Hookup RV Sites 30 AMP & 50 AMP
- 30 Amp only small RV sites
- Truck & Tent Sites with Power
- Campfire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Free WIFI
- Clean Bathrooms & Showers
- Firewood, Ice & RV Accessories for Sale
- In the Shady Pines
- Flowing Stream
INFO on CAMPGROUND and RESERVATIONS 8/26-30
LODGING AT TOMICHI CREEK
Friday Night the club will portage your overnight gear to the Tomichi Creek Trading Post in Sargents. The Club has reserved Cabins and you will need to pay with sign-up for the Trailride for your choice of lodging at Tomichi Creek. More Info on prices on Sign-Up page.
- We have reserved 3 Sleeper Cabins, 2 Resort Cabins and the 1 Cottage Cabin for Friday Night August 27.
- You could also tent camp along Tomichi creek if you choose or all the cabin spaces have been taken.
- We see the Sleeper cabins as sleeping 2 each, the cottage cabin as sleeping 4. Up to 6 in the Resort cabins.
- Pricing for the cabins is not marked up and is priced per cabin.
- Only one guy in each group need pay and reserve a Cabin.
- Tent Camping includes access to the showers’ and bathrooms and is only $12.50 for the night.
- The Club will portage your camping gear if that’s what you want to do.
INFO on CABINS at the TOMICHI CREEK TRADING POST