X-ROADS SINGLETRACK TRAILRIDES
- X-ROADS TRAILRIDE 2 October 7-9 2022
- 3 Day ride from Howard, Colorado, 12 miles east of Salida, over the Continental Divide.
- Camp & Gear portage on Day 1.
- Stay at the Rocky Top River Ranch on arrival and Day 2
From Howard, CO. on the Arkansas River ride over the Continental Divide to a remote mountain campground in the Colorado River watershed, spend the night and ride back a different way.
- Ride Friday to Sunday.
- 3 days of riding.
- Show up on Thursday October 6
- Outstanding Rocky Mountain Singletrack.
- Singletrack to overnight on the other side of the Divide on Day 1.
- Camping. Luggage portage.
- Day 2 ride back to Howard on outstanding Singletrack trails.
- Day 3 ride a over a pass thru the Wilderness, to old mines and more Singletrack.
- Limited to up to 25 riders.
- The Club insists everyone use the Buddy System.
- These are somewhat challenging routes not suitable for Novices.
- You do Not need Graham Jarvis type skills, but you do need some skills.
- You will navigate by cell phone compatible Ride with GPS Tracks
- We will be around to make sure the days go smoothly.
- Portage gear and cook.
- Why are these called X-Roads Trailrides?
- Because there near where the Crossroads of the Rockies are in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
- Show up at the campground in Howard, Colorado on Thursday for a BBQ and beverages.
Day 1 Description
- Friday ride a 95 mile singletrack loop on the longest continuous singletrack trail in Colorado.
- Ride over the Continental Divide and spend Friday night camping.
- The Club will portage your gear.
- You will need a tent or you could have someone you know drive your RV to the Campground.
- Camping spot included Friday Night.
- Fuel stop in Sargents.
- Leave your truck securely parked at the campground in Howard.
- Day 1 has Less than 5 miles of pavement.
- Saturday morning breakfast will be provided at the campground.
- Ride more killer singletrack on your way to the Continental Divide Trail.
- From the CDT it’s singletrack down to Hwy 50 and Salida on a epic trailride loop.
- Head back to where we started on the Arkansas River.
- Saturday is the longest loop at 100 miles and fuel & meals will be available in town.
- Return to the Campground where we started.
- 10% pavement
- Sunday Day 3 is a 96 mile ride over a high mountain pass through the wilderness on 2 track to and through an area with some awesome old mining buildings and history.
- Ride some off-the-scale singletrack along the wilderness boundary a 1/3rd of the loop and head back to the Campground for an included BBQ and beverages.
- Day 3 has Less than 5 miles of pavement
- Depart on Monday.
- On Monday you could do a really fun 75 mile Dual Sport Loop to the Salida Volcanic Crater for an awesome view of the area.
- If you didn’t get enough riding the previous 3 days…
- Camp at the Arkansas River on arrival at the private campground on Thursday.
- On Friday Day 1 ride a majority Singletrack trail for 100 miles to a campground on the other side of the mountains for Friday night.
- Fuel available for purchase on the trail at 75 miles.
- Club will portage your gear.
Day 2 ride as much Singletrack as possible back to where we started the trailride on the Arkansas River.
- Fuel available in town
- End up back at the staging area where your truck is parked.
Day 3 ride a loop from the river, over a wilderness mountain pass and through a historic mining area, and the Silvercreek section of the Rainbow trail.
- Ride singletrack and a river road back to the Arkansas River and the campground
- Remote 95 mile loop. Carry a quart if necessary.
INCLUDED WITH THE RIDE and CLUB MEMBERSHIP:
CAMPING & LODGING INFO
CAMP in HOWARD at the ROCKY TOP RIVER RANCH
- PAY FOR YOUR OWN CAMPING RESERVATIONS FROM THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. (FRIDAY IN THE MOUNTAINS IS INCLUDED WITH THE RIDE )
- YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TO LEAVE YOUR TRUCK SECURELY PARKED AT THE CAMPGROUND ON FRIDAY NIGHT WHEN WE STAY IN THE MOUNTAINS.
- The Club has asked that most of the campground be reserved. Motel rooms and cabins will be available.
- Call Rocky top and reserve your space as soon as possible.
- X-ROADS TRAILRIDE 2 October 6-7-8 2022
- Sunday Night option would be Oct 9
- Website LINK: https://rockytopriverranch.com/
CAMPING in HOWARD,CO.
- Full-hookup RV sites
- Truck & tent sites
- Picnic tables
- Motel rooms and cabins may be available
NECESSITIES in HOWARD
- Free WIFI
- Clean bathrooms & showers
- Firewood & ice for sale
- Next to the Arkansas River
- Restaurant onsite:
- Riverside Cafe
CAMPING ON FRIDAY NIGHT
- Friday Night the club will portage your overnight gear to the campground in the mountains.
- We will camp at a remote mountain campground with water and outhouses.
- You will need a tent or you could have someone you know drive your RV to the campground.
- The Club will supply dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning.
- A moderate amount of adult beverages are included Friday night.
- Camping Fee is Included for Friday Night
Directions, Camping Info and additional Info will be emailed after Sign-Up confirmation
- Ride with GPS Tracks will be emailed 2 weeks before the ride date
X-Roads BV is another Option for Singletrack loops in the Rocky Mountains in Mid August