- Historically the canyons and passes we will travel have provided the only routes through the Rocky Mountains for trains and automobiles.
- The 2 track provided access for prospecting at mines and for logging.
- The engineering required to get trains over and through the canyons and up the passes was the most difficult feat within the entire continental US Railroad system.
Steam Engine @ the Palisades in the 1890’s
- Bring 2 bikes and ride Dual Sport, Singletrack & Adventure loops?
- Loops clover-leaf from Chaffee County.
- 40+ GPS loops, over 3,000 miles for you to ride with your own group or combine with another group for even more camaraderie.
- GPS Tracks to fishing lakes and fishing access on the Arkansas River.
- Go River Rafting if your into that sorta thing ?
- 5 Rocky Mountain Hot Springs are in the area.
Through the Rockies, Not Around Them
- Club Rides ride have amenities available, such as meals, parking/meeting arrangements, camping, and fuel stops.
- You will need to carry cash or a credit card for fuel and snacks & meals on the loops.
Continental Divide Trail
- These are not guided rides, and are not rides for novices.
- If you’re not an experienced rider these may not be the rides for you.
- We recommend a plated dirt bike or Dual Sport motorcycle, a front knobby and a Hybrid Trials rear tire for the terrain the Dual Sport routes cover.
Hayden Pass is a Rough 4WD Pass through the Wilderness
- We suggest a Plated Dirt Bike for the Singletrack loops.
- For the ADV Routes we recommend a 650cc or more Adventure motorcycle.
- For the more off-road focused ADV loops, we recommend aggressive Off-road tires.
- GPS tracks to fishing lakes and fishing locales on the Arkansas river are included with the ride. (Fishing license recommended).
- You leave when you wish, ride at your own pace, and ride with whomever you like.
- We recommend leaving early and keeping stops to a minimum.
- We also highly recommend you come with a friend or team up with another rider and be responsible for each other all through the day.
“Now This is Colorado” Chaffee County, Colorado
- Riders meetings are at 7 and 8 am every morning.
- You should be on the trail by 9 am all days you choose to ride.
- Larger over 600cc Dual sport or Factory Dual sport Motorcycles are suitable for the ‘B’ routes.
- ‘C’ and ‘B’ Dual Sport Routes should be negotiable by competent riders on over 600cc or factory Dual Sport models.
- ‘C’ Dual Sport loops are navigable by ADV Motorcycles
- ‘A+ & A’ Singletrack loops should only be attempted by prepared and competent riders.
- Off-Road focused ADV loops should only be navigated by competent ADV riders.
- Pikes Peak, Headwaters and the Continental Divide ADV loops and 2 Passes Loops should be suitable for any ADV rider.
Autumn Hot Springs Adventure Tour T-shirt Logo
Heart of the Rockies weather in August:
- Daily High temperatures in August from 78°F to 74°F, rarely falling below 67°F or exceeding 85°F.
- Daily Low temperatures in August from 51°F to 47°F, rarely falling below 41°F or exceeding 56°F.
- The chance of humidity is essentially constant during August, remaining around 0% throughout.
- The best time of year to visit the area for warm-weather activities is mid-August.
- The wetter season lasts 4.3 months, from April 30 to September 9, with a greater than 19% chance of any given day being a wet day.
- The chance of a wet day peaks at 31% on August 10.
Hot Springs Tour Team parked @ Glenwood Hot Springs
Old Mine in Bonanza, Colorado
The Best of the West, Scenic Passageway to History
Exit Tours MC’s Larry Heschke on a smooth section of Singletrack