These ADV Tours & Camps are limited to 12 RIDERS so as to keep the group manageable and so we can all have a more enjoyable experience without a large crowd.
The Sign-Up page automatically closes when a Tours & Camp is full.
If a Sign-Up Page is still open, Sign Up ? Not full yet
STAGING & RIDE AGENDA
- Riders Meetings Every Morning @ 8:00 AM
- On the trail bye 9 AM.
- At all of our locations in 2018 you can show up Friday Night if you wish.
- Both Camps & Tours @ the PONDEROSA LODGE and at the TOMICHI CREEK TRADING POST FRIDAY LODGING is INCLUDED
- Breakfast will be included or is nearby and available.
- See Sign-Up page for Lodging rates and more details.
Alpine Tunnel Station
INCLUDED For These Rides in 2018
- Breakfast ( Excluding Tomichi Creek)
- Hot Springs Passes at all Locations
- Single Occupancy Lodging is included Saturday Night at all locations.(Excluding Tomichi Creek)
- Chase Truck
- Local Support
- At the Ponderosa Lodge and Tomichi Creek Trading Post Lodging is Included Friday Night in Addition to Saturday.
STAY on MARKED TRAILS in the ROCKY MOUNTAINS
These ADVENTURE Tours and Camps Also Include:
- Secure Truck Parking for the weekend
- Colored Maps of each days possible route
- Chase Truck will be available if necessary
- Outriders with Sat phone and Spot Satellite Transponder
- Local Support
- Breakfast every morning (On you @ Tomichi Creek)
- Camp Hostess will make sure your lodging arrangements are sufficient.
- A Professional Photographer may be present. Photos provided online.
- Finisher Pin
- Exit Tours Club Membership
July 20-21-22 Ponderosa Lodge, Salida, CO
August 31 – September 1 & 2 Ponderosa Lodge, Salida, CO
GOOGLE MAP LINK https://goo.gl/maps/kFpKhaL67RK2
- Single Occupancy Lodging is included on Friday and Saturday night.
- Dinner Saturday Night
- After ride BBQ & Adult Beverages Sunday.
- Breakfast is included and served Saturday and Sunday Mornings.
- A soak at the Salida Hot Springs Pool is included for the Ponderosa Lodge weekends.
- 4 Meals are included at the Ponderosa Lodge, and there is an on-site cash bar.
2 Dudes wearing Bosch Hats
Tomichi Creek Trading Post
August 3-4-5 Tomichi Creek Trading Post, Sargents, CO
GOOGLE MAP LINK https://goo.gl/maps/6BYmjuYVqH92
- Single occupancy lodging is Not Available @ Tomichi Creek.
- Three Shared 2 person Cabins, 3 man Bunk house, 3 person Main Cabin will be our sleeping arrangement.
- Meals are not included but available at the Tomichi Creek Cafe & Saloon.
- Hot Spring Passes are reserved at Private Waunita Hot Springs Resort and are included Saturday Night.
- Tomichi Creek Trading Post has an excellent on-site Cafe and Cash Bar.
- General store
- Fuel pumps
- For the 2 person cabins, public showers & restrooms.
Wide Open Spaces
Joyful Journey Hot Springs
September 8 & 9 Joyful Journey, San Luis Valley, CO
GOOGLE MAP LINK https://goo.gl/maps/LPitr6QCUBN2
- Single Occupancy Lodging has been reserved for Saturday Night
- Hotel Rooms with 2 Queen bed, Single Occupancy
- You have the option to sleep in a beautiful Yurt with a Queen Size Bed.
- Breakfast is included Sunday Morning.
- Dinner will be available for purchase in either Villa Grove or Saguache (Sawatch) Saturday Night.
- At Joyful Journey Hot Spring passes are included for 2 days.
- For the Yurts, public showers & restrooms.
Cottonwood Hot Springs Hot Springs Tour
At Elephant Butte in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
October 20 & 21 Truth or Consequences, NM Elephant Butte Inn
GOOGLE MAP LINK https://goo.gl/maps/MK4Tq7VuD9B2
- We will stay at the Elephant Butte Inn & Spa Resort with an on-site restaurant and Bar.
- The resort and Golf Course are @ Elephant Butte Lake on the Rio Grande River.
- Rooms are single occupancy.
- Breakfast is Included Sunday Morning.
- Hot Spring Passes are included at the Riverbend Hot Springs and Resort in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
HOT SPRINGS we will VISIT
Salida Hot Springs Pool
From the Ponderosa Lodge hot spring pool passes at the Salida Hot Springs Pool on Hwy 50 are included. The Salida Hot Springs Pool is the Largest Hot Springs fed Pool in the country.
Hot Springs Pool at Waunita Hot Springs
From Tomichi Creek in Sargents we will visit the nearby rustic, Historic and private Waunita Hot Springs Pool.
Joyful Journey has a choice of varied temperature Hot Tub pools at their resort.
Riverbend Hot Springs on the Rio Grande river
We will visit Riverbend Hot Springs on the Rio Grande River in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
Old Denver & Rio Grande Truss Bridge near Howard, CO.
Difficult section in which to build a Railroad
MORE LODGING DETAILS
Mount Shavano behind the Ponderosa Lodge at the Colorado Firecamp
The Ponderosa Lodge is a Private Secluded Lodge and Fire Camp under Mt. Shavano on Monarch Pass. Just outside the old mining town of Maysville. There are a multitude of High Alpine Lakes nearby we can ride to. Access to the National Forest and hundreds of miles of Jeep roads and 2 track are right out the backdoor. Everyone will have their own Room at the Ponderosa Lodge with a Bathroom and shower.
The Ponderosa Lodge is 8 miles West of Salida. 5 miles west of the X-roads of the Rockies at Poncha Springs.
The Tomichi Creek Trading Post is on the opposite side of the Continental Divide (West Side) from the Ponderosa Lodge. The old Railroad town of Sargents, of which the Trading Post is the Anchor, sits at the confluence of Marshall and Monarch Passes. A creek runs through the property.
Tomichi Creek Trading Post in Sargents, Colorado
Sargents is a little known area and has the best Singletrack riding in possibly the entire Country. Malcolm Smith has trails in the area. Access to thousands of miles of Jeep and 2 track trails is a cinch from Sargents and the Tomichi Creek Trading Post. Sargents is Midway between Gunnison and Salida,CO. Lodging @ Tomichi Creek is Shared.
Sargents, Colorado was established in 1881
1 of several varying temperature Pools at Joyful Journey. Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the background
Joyful Journey Hot Springs is in the Northern San Luis Valley. Joyful Journey is a Quiet Spa and Campground with Yurts, TeePees and a beautiful Motel. Access to trails in the Bonanza mining region and the Otto Mears Tollroad is easy from Joyful Journey.
We can also Access Hayden Pass thru the Sangre de Cristo Wilderness and the entire Arkansas River Watershed from the Northern San Luis Valley. Also from Joyful Journey we can access the Wet Mountain Valley and Medano Pass, through the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. Or the Wheeler Geologic Area and Creede.
Entrance to the Spa @ Joyful Journey
Joyful Journey Hot Springs in just off Hwy 285 and the Hwy 17 to the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. The county seat of Saguache (Sawatch) and the old Mining supply town of Villa Grove are both easily accessible from Joyful Journey. At Joyful Journey we have reserved 8 Hotel rooms and 4 yurts.
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico is approximately 2 hours south of Albuquerque on Hwy 25. Or am Hour and half North of El Paso, Texas. T or C, as it is called by the locals, is an old town on the Rio Grande River and is known for its many Natural Hot Springs.
We will stay at the Elephant Butte Inn and Spa on a Lake on the Rio Grande River.
Our local Scout is a Indian Archeologist, surveyor who records ancient Indian camp & grave sites when they are found. Johnny is the Brother of our Camp Hostess. Mr. Schue knows all the great places in South central New Mexico.
You are assured of an excellent off-road ride in a part of New Mexico few people will ever visit.
If you want to experience the desert Southwest and its friendly people, this ride is for you !
RIDE & EVENT DETAILS:
- You should have current liability for your motorcycle, medical insurance coverage and be licensed to operate your motorcycle. We do Not inspect Motorcycles. It is the rider’s responsibility to meet these requirements.
- At sign-in you will be required to sign a liability release form. You will receive your Ride packet. T-shirt,etc.
These are non-commercial Club Tours (Sign-up includes club membership) for up to 12 riders paying for the amenities with the ride, and not the ride itself.
Starting and Lodging on private property on a Ride with outriders.