Ride Difficulty Ratings
- ‘C’ Dual Sport and ADV loops are generally maintained dirt roads, semi-maintained dirt roads and little used 2 Track.
- Less than 20% Pavement. ‘C’ Dual Sport loops are laid out for Adventure riders looking for a challenge and Novice riders looking for an easier Ride.*
- ADV Routes are maintained dirt roads and 2 track, up to 50% Pavement. Some of the pavement is quite Twisty.
- ADV Routes use old Railroad right of ways where applicable and cover long distances.
- Pikes Peak, the Headwaters and the Continental Divide Loops are relatively easy 300 + mile loops that do not include any difficult Jeep Roads. But include as many Dirt Roads as possible.
- The ADV loop to Medano Pass and the Great Sand Dunes is a challenge. Tincup Pass is a Challenge. Mosquito Pass is Challenge. An aggressive rear tire is recommended for all of these loops. These 3 loops are for skilled ADV riders.
- ‘B’ Dual Sport loops are for intermediate riders confident in their ability on unmaintained trail. ‘B’ loops are for riders looking for a Challenge. *
- ‘A’ Dual Sport loops are for experienced riders. Technical trail and 2 Track including Singletrack. *
- Dual Sport and Singletrack loops only use pavement to tie trails together.
- ‘A’+ Loop is Technical, Difficult Singletrack. Experienced and prepared Riders Only. *
- ‘A’ Singletrack means just that. If your an ‘A’ rider, it will be fun. If your a ‘B’ rider, it will be a challenge.
- All Routes use GPS tracks for Navigation. You should be GPS Savvy or ride with some you trust that is.
- You can print, cut and tape your own Rollcharts available from GPS Cue Sheets included and emailed with GPS Tracks.
* New Knobby Tires are recommended
- These rides vary in elevation from 7,000 to over 14,000 feet
- We only use pavement to tie loops together
- Weather in the Summer in the Heart of the Rockies is cool and the scenery is green
- Terrain will be little used 2 Track, jeep roads. Singletrack where applicable and a few rocks
- You will cover the routes with GPS Tracks and/or a roll-chart. No arrows or Guides
X-Roads is a classic Motorcycle Ride, the way they were in the early days.
You won’t find:
You will find loops that takes just about all day to complete.
Offering you challenges and scenic landscapes and enough stories to tell for the rest of the year.