Exit Tours Motorcycle Club is called Exit Tours because it is based in Salida, Colorado where the Arkansas River ‘Exits’ the mountains and because Salida means ‘Exit’ in Spanish. ‘Tours’ because we tour the mountains.
The purpose of the Exit Tours Motorcycle Club is to create positive recreational riding activities that benefit our club members, their families, friends and our guests.
Our club’s aim is to share fun riding experience with motorcyclists by sponsoring various fun events like Trail Rides, Dual Sport adventures and Adventure Tours in the West. To work with the United States Forest Service (USFS) and BLM on mutually beneficial projects.
Adopt and maintain trails in the National Forest. Exit Tours Motorcycle Club will participate in charitable causes. We will also donate funds to local charities as determined by the membership.
There is no qualifying or probation period to become an Exit Tours Motorcycle Club member and there are no required meetings or work days associated with your membership — just join and ride!
Board of Directors of Exit Tours M/C
EXIT TOURS MOTORCYCLE CLUB CHIEF INSTIGATOR AND CLUB PRESIDENT
Michael D Brown (FMB)
Michael D. Brown has been putting on Motorcycle events since the Mid-80s
- Promoted the D-36/37 Leapin’ Lizard Enduro in Ballinger Canyon for 7 years, the Hangover Hare Scrambles near Pozo in the La Panza National Forest on New Year’s day for 10 years.
- Conceptualized and promoted the Last D-36 MX series and the High Mountain MX in Pozo at Mike Beanway’s Ranch & Shandon Lions MX with the CCMA in the 90s.
- Worked with SRO Pace Motorsports on West Coast Supercross and promoted D-36 Shorttrack at Santa Maria Speedway.
- Worked with Top riders on sponsorship Opportunities.
- Worked with Trail Riders of Houston on National Hare Scrambles and with Burl Hughes on National Dual Sport events in Big Bend, Texas.
- Worked with Erik Nijkamp and Off-RoadChampions.com on Rocky Mountain Super Enduro’s in 2015 & 2016.
- Conceptualized Exit Tours in 2011 and has run Dual Sport and Adventure rides since 2012.
- Drove a Semi for NBC Sports to the 1st Three rounds of the 2017 AMA Outdoor MX Nationals.
- In early 2018 Mike and the Team put on the San Andreas 300 in Central Cali which was enjoyed by all who participated.
- Exit Tours MC has adopted Greens Creek in the San Isabel National Forest along with Mountain Tech Motorsports.
- Mr. Brown works in the Energy industry when not playing with Motorcycles and lives in Divide, CO.
Michael Brown, Chief Instigator – ETMC
Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-649-8530
Exit Tours M/C Vice President
Matt Taber – Evergreen, CO
- Matt is a former state ranked Ohio Amateur MX racer “Back in the day”. Now enjoys exploring Colorado trails at a slightly more leisurely pace.
- Lifetime AMA member and been riding off-road his whole life. Just can’t get enough! When Matt was in Ohio he volunteered at AMA museum and events.
- Matt has lived in the Mountains in Colorado for years and has 3 boys who all ride off-road.
- Mr. Tabor has been a Sales Professional in the Industrial Gasket Industry for 18 years and counting. If you need a gasket from an i-phone to an oil-well, Tabor has you covered…. err: sealed.
- Matt is the only Club Member other than Mount Tech BV’s Sean Barr and the President who has been to Every workday on Greens Creek Adopt a Trail Work days.
- Mr. Taber Recently accepted a Position with KTM North America as their Rocky Mountain Sales Rep. So, if you would like to ride a New KTM…
Exit Tours M/C Vice President
Mr. Anderson owns AMC (Anderson Motor Company) in Salida on Hwy 50, Directly on the TAT (Trans America Trail).
AMC, also known as Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals – www.rockymountainjeeprentals.com is one of Colorado’s Premiere Jeep Rental Companies. Craig rents jeeps and motorcycles, and is all about customer service and a fair price. Rocky Mountain Jeep Rentals also has a full time mechanic on Duty.
Exit Tours MC has used AMC as our exclusive supplier of trailers, SUV’s and campers for years. Craig is a great addition to ETMC. Craig knows motorcycles and all the best roads and trails in a 6 county area in the Heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Craig can be reached at Craig@rockymountainjeeprentals.com or at 719-539-3088
Accountant and Club Treasurer Michelle Cassella
Santa Fe, NM
Michelle Cassella has been off-roading since 1992, with many Off Road Women championships and still enjoys the sport for recreation.
Currently an avid Dual Sporter, Michelle has attended events in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, California.
- Member of the New Mexico Off Highway Vehicle Alliance, AMA and several other off-road organizations.
- AMA National Hare & Hound Women’s Champion 96-98,
- AMA/D-37 Women’s Desert, Enduro Best of the West Champion 95-99
- Land Access advocate, Administrator of the Action Program 99-05
- CORVA Vice President
- AMA D-37 VP, Treasurer and Racing Steward
- AMA D-37 Sportswoman of the Year, 7 times
- Professional Accountant and Office Administrator
SIGN UP GURU AND CAMP HOSTESS
Dindah McCullough has her own business as a Personal Assistant and has actively supported Exit Tours since 2016 as my part-time assistant. Because she has been involved in extreme sports throughout her life and has an Administrative background, signing up with Exit Tours as an all around Event Guru came naturally.
Highly social, has an appreciation for anything in nature that makes people happy, very organized and sweet… Dindah plays a vital role in keeping everything on track and looks forward to making sure your experience will create everlasting memories.
Check Dindah’s Website @ HPASOLUTION.COM
ETMC Board of Directors
All ETMC Board Members can be reached on Facebook
Brad Lackey & Ron Gardener at the Denver Endurocross in 2016
Ron Gardner is an Expert Trials rider and Husaberg enthusiast. Ron was the first Husqvarna Dealer in Colorado Springs. Ronnie is a longtime supporter of Colorado Motorcycle events. Ron has a new Gig he calls Kvarnaberg Motors.
Joe Walton has been a Trail riding enthusiast since 1997. Joe is a local PRO hare scramble racer. Joe’s family owned Tomichi Creek Trading Post for many years and he knows all the trails.
Donald Holt is a lifelong motorcycle rider and enthusiast who cooks a very mean BBQ. Don lives in Buena Vista, Colorado.
Dudley Fecht is another lifelong motorcycle rider and enthusiast. Dudley is very active with the USFS, lives in Nathrop, CO and owns several Motorcycles.
Larry Heschke – Paso Robles, Cali.
The club president has known and ridden with Larry Heschke since 1978. Stand-up guy. Family Man. Empty Nester. Not a ‘yes’ man by any means. Solid Enduro Rider. Union Plumber in San Luis Obispo, CA Local. Nuclear Quality Welder. .
List of Bikes Larry has owned 76 XR 125, 76 RM 125, 78 YZ 250, 76 GL 1000, 81 HUSKY 250 XC (BEST ONE), 82 250 XC, 85 500 XC (WORST ONE), 78 GS 750 (2), 86 CONCOURS, 86 FJ 1200, O2 WR 426, O6 KTM 300, 08 530 EXCR, 14 5OO EXC
LARRY SAYS HE WOULDN’T TRADE ANY OF THEM FOR THE MONEY BACK
Retired Master Sergeant USMC
- 23 years of service in the United States Marine Corps.
- Security Forces- Infantry- Recruiting – Law Enforcement
- Okinawa, Cuba, Germany, Japan, Kuwait and Iraq
- Riding since age of 5/ Honda Mini-Trail
- Born– Pennsylvania, he lived in Northern Arizona as a child
- Scott Drobnick has developed a quality network of professional relationships with riders, managers, organizers, promoters and fans of motorcycle sports.
- Retired from the USMC in May 2014, Scott is currently transitioning from active service.
Larry Langley – Sierras in California
Larry’s favorite saying? “I wonder where that Goes?”
Larry has been seriously riding since 1971. Got real serious in 1972 when he purchased a new Honda XL250 for D-37 and for local family enduro’s. Placed in top 10 in D-37 when there were no classes (open, vet, etc). #4 and #7 highest. Won a few family enduro’s and one National Enduro in 1975. Larry rode his first organized dual sport ride in 1987 (LA-B-V) and promoted his first dual sport ride in 1988 under the California Trail Rides banner.
- Promoted and laid out numerous dual sport rides in So Calif over the years including Nationals (California 500 point to point).
- Dirt Bike Magazine named Larry’s Bass Lake 250 as one of the Top 10 events in the USA.
- Laid out and promoted CRC and FRA Family enduros in the ’80′s.
- While enduros were Larry’s main focus, He occasionally raced other formats including winning a trophy in the famous Barstow to Vegas desert race.
- Also won His class at a Over the Hill Gang National MX
- Larry’s favorite Enduro? Tecate 500.
- Took 3rd OA in 1976, 2nd Open (Malcolm Smith won)
- Wrote his first article for Cycle News back in 1972 and contributed heavily in the 70′s and 80′s.
- Worked Media Relations for Progressive Suspension, from 1982 until 2004.
- Member of Team Honda Enduro middle 70′s.
- Co-founder United Enduro Assn ( UEA )
- Founder California Trail Rides (promoter of dual sport rides)
- Founder Orange County Dualies Motorcycle Club
- Lifetime member of AMA
- Member Stewards of the Sierra National Forest
- Organizer (with Dualies) of 2005 and 2008 On Any Sunday Reunion
- Rode the Continental Divide Ride in August 2008.
Larry worked in the motorcycle industry since 1978 including 22 years with Progressive Suspension and then a couple with Saddlemen and Jardine before retiring and living in the Sierra Foothills just 20 miles South of Yosemite National Park and still involved in dual sporting there. Married to Sue Langley and has been married for over 20 years.
Matt Abbey – Alamosa, Colorado
Mr. Abbey is General Manager of the San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad and the San Luis Scenic Railroad which are owned by Ed Ellis and $1B + Iowa Pacific Corp.
Previous to moving to Colorado, Matt worked and ran trains and customer service for Holland America and the Alaskan Railroad. Matt has served in excess of 1 million customers.
Mr. Abbey appears regularly on Television as a spokesperson for the SL&RG, reps for Iowa Pacific with other Railroads and other State commissions, conducts tours over la Veta Pass and is one of the smartest, most unassuming guys you will ever meet. San Luis Scenic Railroad La Veta Pass Route is One of America’s Great Train Lines. www.coloradotrain.com
Matt has 2 young kids and lives with his Wife Tammy in Alamosa in the San Luis Valley of Colorado.
Jason Hatch – East Coast
Mr. Hatch is a recently retired Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Veteran. Mr Hatch spent quite a bit of his tour in Sub-Saharan Africa, at one time helping Robby Gordon get rooms in Dakar and is a really good guy.
Mr. Hatch loves dogs and founded the Lost Brigade for returning veterans.
That’s our Team, and we promise, you will not be disappointed in the caliber of our rides or the hospitality.
A few Previous Ride T-Shirts (Click to View)